Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Lucy’s on the Lake. Thursday after school, it was a nice change of pace to sit by the lake, sip on a cold beverage on a hot day in November (Tejas, folks), and enjoy some adult company after a hard day at work.
2. Happy Hour X 2. It had been a while since my coworkers and I had time for a much-needed happy hour, so the second one on the first day of the weekend was even sweeter. Despite stuffing my face with something fried that should be illegal, my heart was almost as swollen as my belly by spending time with good people.
3. Vote! Long story short, my voter registration was messed up, but after a short panic attack, and a good talk with my new friend Karen with a sweet-as-an-ice-tea-in-Texas accent, voting was easier than it would have been had it been done correctly. I drove to a little tin building in a neighboring small town about forty-five minutes away where Karen greeted me at the door and sat me right down. My registration should be done incorrectly every time! Ha! I’m so happy it turned out and I was able to vote in such an important election.
4. Dinner + Costume Party + Scary Movie. I’ve never been a huge fan of Halloween (I’m not fond of dressing up), but I was invited to a Halloween party, so I decided suck it up and be a sport. My talented friend made me the above heart for my Frida Kahlo costume. I didn’t get a great picture of my full costume, but I must admit, I enjoyed imitating the unibrowed Goddess. We enjoyed a delicious, healthy dinner that my friend made before we indulged in some not-so-healthy treats at the party, knocked back a couple of beers, and like the true adults we are, immediately changed into comfortable clothing and watched a scary movie. Aahhh, much better.
5. Sunday Hike. After indulging a little too much lately in comforting vices, and in much need of some vitamin D, my friend and I went on a Sunday hike. Okay, we mostly strolled and put leaves, shells, and rocks in our shoes (#creativetypes), but soaking up some sun, relaxing, and gazing into the water was just what we both needed.
6. Impromptu Sunday Funday. On a whim, my friend and I decided to go to lunch, enjoy the patio, and then take a stroll to our favorite record store that has now moved. Womp womp. We went to the other location anyway and picked up a Nina Simone record to unwind to. That’s my idea of a Sunday.
7. Stranger Things. I’m probably the last one to jump on the bandwagon, but I just started watching this series, and I friggin’ love the nostalgia of it all. And Winona, how I love thee.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!