Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Spring Breakin’ It. Per the yuge (that’s short for usual), I’m a day late and a dollar short. I’m the worst at actually getting anything done when I’m on a break from work. Forget that I have extra time — I’m on vacation! Well not really. I’m still in Austin, TX — in the midst of this chaos we call SXSW. But it’s fun. Really.
I started out the spring break with the expected farewell-for-now-happy-hour with coworkers, and then hit the ground running getting ready for Patrick and I’s on-line shop opening. Hence the late post.
2. Monday Night Out. These are three words I hardly ever see in the depths of my thirties, but I’m using them now because I’m not at all a boring adult. Stop laughing. I went out — ON A MONDAY night. My boyfriend was actually not playing a gig at the hours with which my head is under the covers, so I came out and enjoyed the beautiful brass sounds he makes.
3. International Women’s Day. I couldn’t easily take off work on the #daywithoutawoman last week, especially the week prior to spring break, but I did show my support by wearing red and supporting only small women-owned businesses. It was lovely going to work and seeing both men and women wearing their red and seeing so many people across the globe showing their support in social media. In the middle of what feels like a national crisis, these times when people come together are extra soothing and reassuring.
4. Spring Break Event. Thursday night, Patrick and I went to my twinkie’s event for her new dress line. She paired up with a friend of hers who owns a beautiful apothecary downtown and held a pop-up shop with some of her line’s accessories. The room was full of smiling faces, and it was great to see hers! I’m so proud of all the hard work she has done and will continue to do, and I’m excited to see what she comes out with when her dress line is fully ready and open to the public. She’s going to rock your socks – or stockings.
5. Rents In Town. My parents are both in town for the first time since… Christmas?? Is that real? They are usually in town at least once a month, so it was really nice to see them after what is a long separation for our tight-knit family. We spent some time this past Saturday celebrating an early birthday with Patrick and catching up.
6. Old Pals. It’s always a blast when my old pal, DJ is back in town from LA. He slid through town for a friend’s wedding, and then we had our usual obligatory booze-fest/catch-up sesh. Because reminiscing is always more fun with dollar mimosas.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!