Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Had to. I’m starting this week out with something that made me giggle. Sometimes, we need to laugh a little because it beats the alternative.
2. March 16. I’ve bragged about him before, and I will brag about him again… my boyfriend is one heck of a talented woodworker and craftsman, so much so that I’ve persuaded him to finally open up a web-shop with all of his beautiful spoons, trays, instruments, etc. I’ve been heading up his social media campaign — check us out on our IG, Twitter, and/or Facebook account (all @timberandbrass). We launch on March 16, but you can take a sneak peek at the web-shop now, if you’d like! www.timberandbrass.com
3. Speaking of Launches. Yes, this is turning into one big plug for the people I love (I can’t help myself!), but if you live in Austin, you must also check out my twin sister’s pop-up shop at Sabia. Her beautiful dresses aren’t yet out (coming soon!), but you can check out some of her Mister Wright accessories this Thursday from 5-7.
4. Sickies. I have no doubt it’s in direct correlation to living in Texas — a state without true seasons, particularly this year, but Patrick and I were DISGUSTING this weekend. I’ll spare details, but at least we had each other…
5. Summer Bod. Just kidding. I’m not even close. But I am getting clo-ser. I’m down nine pounds since I started to cut the stress-eating post holidays. Phew!
6. Sing-A-Thon. I’m certain I’m outing myself here as a total dork-no-return, but I’ve probably already done that unbeknownst, so, meh… I’ve always said that there is not one person on this planet that isn’t weird in his or her own way, but finding a romantic partner is all about finding someone with your same brand of weird. Patrick and I definitely share that same brand. This past Sunday, we started impromptu singing while cooking and making up our own lyrics, faux-harmonizing (there was little harmony to it), and going from mo-town, to jazz scats, and operas. We had quite a blast — sometimes in tears from laughing in moments we caught ourselves totally indulging in our weirdness. It feels just like love.
7. Last Week Till Spring Break! Not going to lie — this has been the toughest year on me as a teacher since I started teaching nearly eleven years ago, and this teach needs a break. A long one. But this week will do. I’ll take it!
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!