Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Long Weekend. I’ve gotten into this bad habit of not writing my 7 for seven posts when I’ve had longer than a regular two-day weekend, but who can blame me? Technically, this is my Monday, and someone is not complaining.
2. Valentine. Tuesday night, Patrick and I decided not to join the crowds, and we cooked meatballs together from our new cookbook. We played records, drank too much wine, and lovingly laughed at each other’s idiosyncrasies in the comfort of home.
3. Learning Together. Even though, of course, I was jealous of my students who had a five-day ski weekend (what kind of district does this!? – oh yeah, ours does), I was happy to have a couple of days learning from my peers and seeing the incredible things they are doing in their classrooms. This year, I presented as well, and even though I hate public speaking, I was proud of myself for conquering this fear/nightmare after years of shying away from it (yes, even ex-actresses hate being themselves in front of other adults, ha!). It went well (fingers crossed).
4. “Tequila Thursday.” Our keynote speaker during the Learning Together conference joked with us that we really got together for teacher conferences to have a “tequila Thursday.” We laughed at how lame his joke was, and then went out for a tequila Friday. Whoops.
5. Timber + Brass. My guy and I launched our shop website this week (sort of!), as well as our social media platforms to garner interest and show people what we’ve been up to. Come check us out on Instagram to see what we’ve done @timberandbrass We’d love your support!
6. Saturday Night Dining. Patrick and I went out for an impromptu dinner Saturday night at one of our favorite restaurants in town, and then we had an impromptu photo-shoot on our way back to the car. Duh.
7. Juice Walk & Flower Pickin’. We went on our regular Sunday stroll to our favorite juice spot in Austin (on Monday – ha!), and enjoyed the nice weather after a crazy storm the previous night. Patrick was one of those kids who stopped every five seconds on a walk to pick up flowers, rocks, and insects — and some things never change.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!