Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Lunch with Sissy. Monday, my sister and I met up at a new restaurant in town and enjoyed an all-too-quick lunch together before she had to rush off to another Pilates client. Although short, it’s always lovely to catch up with my twinkie. I wish there was more of that!
2. Pizza, Wine, and Catching Up. One of my good friends and I went out for a much-needed catch-up session last Friday. It was my cheat-day (I’m dieting – blerg), so not only was I happy to see my friend, but I was also happy to see a big-fat cheesy pizza and a glass of wine. Oh yeah. My scale wasn’t happy with me the next day, but my heart and my belly were in bliss. It was great to catch up with my sweet gal pal as well.
3. Living Vicariously. My boyfriend was away for several days this past week recording with a band at Tiny Telephone Oakland. I asked him to share pictures and videos with me while he was away, and I can’t lie, I was vicariously giddy for him getting to work with John Vanderslice in an analog studio. I know what a music nerd/talent he is, and it was fun to see him in his element. He’s a boss, and I cannot wait to see him show off some more in the near future.
4. Love + Radio’s The Silver Dollar. I feel like I’m already open-minded, and I pride myself on that. However, I listen to the podcast, Love + Radio fairly regularly, and I learn something new nearly every time, and my mind opens just a bit more. The last episode I listened to, “The Silver Dollar” was a replay from a while back because of its extreme relevance today. I won’t give away much because I really want you to listen to it, but I will say that speaker has a lot of interesting, intelligent things to say about how to approach racists.
5. Lazy Sunday. After a long and busy week, sometimes lying around and doing next to nothing, aka, sharing a tub of faux-scream and a bag of kettle chips (whoops) while watching movies is the best way to go.
6. Coffee Bar & Friends Playing Guitar. I had to take that opportunity to rhyme or else — who do you think I am?? After Patrick got back in town, we went to watch his friend play at one of our favorite coffee bars and hung out with him for a bit after his set. The theme of this week seems to be “catching up,” as once again, it was good to see Patrick’s friend after a far-too-long gap.
7. Farewell Before Tour. Instead of watching the Oscars like I normally do every year, Patrick and I went to his friend’s first show of a tour with Jesca Hoop at a big Austin venue to say farewell for a few months before touring the U.S. and U.K. It was fun to see him play, even though I’m now exhausted from staying up too late before a school night… can you tell? My short, choppy post is showing a little. None-the-less, ever-so grateful for so many things.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!