Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. No Duty. This week is a four-day-work-week for me (reason #1 why this post is popping up late on a Monday), thanks to MLK (thanks to him, of course, for a dozen more reasons more important than my day off). However, thankfully, last week was also a four-day-work-week for me as well. I got called in for jury duty. Wah, wah. BUT the best kind of jury duty is the kind where you don’t get picked. I spent four hours in a room for the jury interview process and an hour to and from the courthouse from my house, but two extra hours of freedom isn’t bad!
2. Cousin Nieces & Nephews. I think I may have just made up that term… My family welcomed another beautiful baby into the family last week, and it’s so much fun watching my sweet aunts dote on my cousin’s babies. They are all just so stinking precious, and I’m so happy that there will be another kids table at our large family Thanksgiving really soon!
3. Coming Soon. While my guy has been away on business, we’ve hashed out the details of a new business venture we are pairing up for. I’m not going to say much right now, except for that I am extremely excited. We’ve had so much fun prep work over the phone together, brainstorming, and dreaming about the future of this big project. More details coming soon!
4. Doc Fun. This is so dorky, but I have to include this because my guy and I had so much fun typing in a Google Doc while he was away. I do this with my students all the time, but of course, it was way more fun typing messages to my love while he’s away, back and forth, in live time. We took goofy photo-booth pics and pasted them into the doc, and brainstormed ideas for that big project I mentioned.
5. Down Five. I’m competing in The Biggest Loser at work (have I mentioned how competitive I am??), to get back into shape after the holidays, and I lost five pounds my first week. I’m motivated to keep it going!
6. Home Again! AAAAAnd he’s back again! Hallelujah! I missed him so much, which is why this is a short and sweet post… see ya next week! 😉
7. Sunday and Monday Funday. My guy came home early on Sunday, so we got to hang out a bit more on my three-day weekend before going back to work this week. We went shopping and spent our holiday gift-card money and saw the movie, Jackie, and now I’m off to enjoy a night-cap and brainstorm some more for our project…
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!