Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Short & Sweet. I’m going to keep this post short and sweet, as I had a long week in front of the computer, grading essays and projects before the upcoming end to the quarter — so emphasis on short but nothing short of sweet. 😉 The silver lining — the quarter is almost over, and the holiday is approaching. I can do this — one. more. week!
2. Cooking and Jamming. The boyfriend camped out at my place for the week, primarily as a means to get some practice in for his upcoming first solo show. Bonus: He was here to bring a smile to my face every day after a particularly draining work week. While I was at work, he enjoyed playing his brass instrument and banging around as loud as he wanted without his roommates around, but I also secretly enjoyed listening to him play while I cooked us dinner — I could really get use to that. I even joined him, jamming with some of his cool handmade instruments. I’m no musician but he makes everyone feel like they are capable of making some noise!
3. Apis. After a week of staying at my place, he treated me to a nice dinner and cocktails at a cute new restaurant we had been wanting to try near my house. It was a perfect close to a long week, and a great start to a wonderful and memorable weekend with him.
4. Omelets, Pops, and Bubbly. Sleeping in is the perfect way to start a Saturday but it’s made even better with brunch and good company. My guy and I made an omelet together while listening to Boston Pop’s Orchestra Christmas album, a source of nostalgia for the both of us. Then I drove into town to visit my twin sister and see her (finally!) finished home. We sipped on champagne, caught up, and admired her beautiful new digs. It was so great to spend some gal time with her.
5. Saturday Dinner and a Show. I joined up with my guy again later that night in town, and he took me out to a delicious Italian dinner downtown and then to his friend’s concert. I finally got to meet one of his good friends and his wife, and once again, I am so happy (though not surprised) to know how great the people in his life are. Not only are they all super talented, but they are warm and genuine people.
6. Slow Sunday. After a busy week, it felt good to take it slow on the weekend. Sunday was slow and easy, as my man and I sat and looked at catalogs and dreamed of our future together in a totally dorked-out but of course, loving and honest way.
7. This Last One is a Secret. I’d be lying if I didn’t mentioned it, but I’d be divulging too much at this point if I did. I hate it when people tease like this, but this is mainly just for me to look back on a remember. Although it was a tough week, it was one I will always remember.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!