Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Small Confession. If you didn’t catch my not-so-subtle shy hints in my latest posts — I’ve said “new friend” a few obnoxious times — I’m now calling myself out. A part of why I’ve stalled from writing my 7 for seven for such a long while is because I’ve been dating someone for several months now. I’d be lying if I left him out of my weekly posts, but I wasn’t ready to share him just yet. I’m a little gun-shy, but more-so, I’ve been rightfully, and I think deservedly, a bit selfish. Before this moment, he’s been mine. And only mine! Ha! But if you’ve read my blog for any length of time, you know how much of an open book I am, despite having had to tell you about multiple heartbreaks over the years. It’s difficult, to say the least, to be vulnerable for 3, 000+ readers (albeit that’s a generous number — I’m sure most are robots — and the rest of you are lovely human beings!) let alone on my own — especially at the age of thirty-five, and especially having been through the gauntlet. Gulp. But I’m a lover; that’s who I am. I’m an empath, and I’m a romantic. I believe in love, wholeheartedly. However, one thing I had sadly forgotten I believed in after wrong relationship, after wrong relationship is soul-mates. And to be completely honest, it took a while for me to see one was right in front of me — luckily enough for me, it hit me smack dab in the middle of the forehead (heart) before it was too late. He was patient with me, and I’m the lucky recipient of his patience. But I’ve been patient enough myself. I’ve waited 35 years. And I have a soulmate. He exists. I’m keeping the rest of it to myself though. 😉 For now.
2. Dinner for Two. And just like that, my soulmate is gone — for about a month. Le tear. Le big tear. He’s off in another state installing string art in a showroom and then on tour with his band promoting a new album (have I mentioned he’s talented and good at everything he does?) Well, he is.
We had dinner together the night before he left, and I drove him to the airport in the morning as we said our woeful goodbye-for-nows. I’m counting the days till he returns, but luckily every day is a little bit better just knowing he’s in my life if even just in a phone call-for now.
3. Birthday Happy Hour. One of my favorite co-workers had his birthday mid-week, and we all went out for dinner and drinks Wednesday night. Good people, good food – mid-week should always be that way.
4. Clean Eating. Besides indulging just a bit for a couple of b-day celebrations this week, I started eating clean again this week. After stress eating and not exercising for too long, my angry gut had had enough of it. It’s crazy how quickly I feel better after just a few days of eating right and moving more. If only I could always remember this…
5. Dance Party. One of my favorite people (which makes sense — she’s the wife of the aforementioned co-worker), had her big 5-0 birthday this Saturday, and celebrated with a house full of fun people, a dance party-spinny-wheel, a ton of records from which to choose, smoked chickens, booze, and delicious cake. I hope I’m as cool as her when I’m 50 — heck, when, tomorrow.
6. Stormy Weather Sunday. Sometimes stormy weather is everything, especially on a lazy Sunday spent indoors. After collecting items at the grocery store with the sun out and the perfect breeze, I returned home to a rain-storm. I spent the day slow-cooking spaghetti sauce, making lasagna, listening to feel-good sixties music and the sound of hard rain on the tin-roof, lounging around in my soul-mates tee I stole, and donning my favorite pair of sweatpants. Sometimes it truly is the little things.
7. #NerdAlert. Some things are too good not to share. Okay, just a little glimpse. He’s kind of my hero.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!