Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Europe Meeting & Dinner. Tuesday night, the other teachers going on the Europe trip this summer and I met with the students who we are taking to go over some pre-tour necessities. It just got real! I’m super stoked to tour Europe for the first time in less than a couple of months. After the meeting, the other teachers and I shared a dinner and some much-needed laughs after a stupid long work day.
2. Impromptu Night Cap. The best kind of nights are often the spontaneous ones. I wasn’t expecting to see my boyfriend Tuesday night because he had a friend in town and was playing golf with him, and I had my Europe meeting, but he wanted to see me, and who am I to turn him down!? It felt good to see him after a really long day. I’m a bit smitten.
3. Student Play. I took my students to see plays put on by our school’s advanced theatre classes and loved seeing how talented they were. It’s not that I forget, but it’s nice to be reminded that our students have these sides to them that their teachers don’t often get to see in the classroom. They never cease to impress me. As an added bonus, the theatre director enjoyed watching my students dance in their chairs so much during the play that she invited them on stage after the curtain closed for an encore performance, and man did they love that. It was one of the cutest things I’ve seen in a long time, as they were so happy and carefree up there. So glad the theatre teacher at our school encourages the students to be unabashedly themselves.
4. Leon Bridges. Wednesday night, I took one of my best friends to see Leon Bridges perform at Stubbs, a downtown bbq joint/concert venue. He was as smooth as he is on his record, and a great performer to boot. Such a fun time! I’m so glad musicians like him are making a come-back and appreciated once again.
5. Sip & See. Apparently sip and see’s are now a thing because this is the third one I’ve been to in one year. A coworker had a baby six months ago, and we all got together to see her sweet munchkin cheeks and knock back a couple of cocktails.
6. $$$! A while back, I applied for a grant to get my students a class set of Chromebooks and we got it!! I’m so excited about how much this will help us in teaching writing and providing immediate feedback for our learners.
7. Weekend with Bae. Friday night, I went out for sushi with the boyfriend on a rooftop patio with great views of downtown. I can’t tell you how long it’s been since I’ve gone out for sushi, and I had forgotten how good it can be. Saturday, we met my brother and his friend for lunch as they breezed through town. It was great getting to see my brother even if it was a brief amount of time. Later that evening, my boyfriend and I went out for hotdogs and had a fun, spontaneous night out on the town. We had so much fun together — I look forward to many more nights like that in the future!
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!