Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Thoroughly Thursday. Per our new routine, the roommate and I enjoyed yet another night of screaming and laughing at our television… and ourselves.
2. New Car. After a long day, and not looking forward to get my jinxed/dinged up leased car appraised, I was pleasantly surprised to walk away with a new car. I was anticipating having to pay for the dents on my car all collected from a parallel parked hit-and-run and door dings from overzealous car exiters — ugh, humanity! However, unbeknownst to me, BMW is good about forgiveness on account that their customers are loyal to them. THANK GOD. I walked away with a car better than the one I had without having to pay anything upfront or pay more on my monthly payments. I feel so lucky and happy to have a new toy I wasn’t even expecting.
3. Princess for a Night. I’m not one to ask to be treated to fancy dinners, and I’m not one to ask for nice gifts. In fact, when I receive them, I often feel undeserving — I’m working on that! If I stick with my boyfriend, I might just get better at it in no time. Friday night, he made reservations at the fanciest sea food and steak restaurant I’ve ever been to, for no other reason than he wanted to treat me. I have never felt so spoiled, and I’ve never felt so cared for through a gesture like this because I knew that it was coming from a good place. From the beginning of the night, he made it known that he was going to splurge on me, and he didn’t want me to spend any energy making decisions on anything (unless I wanted to, of course). He told me to sit back, relax, and enjoy myself; and that, I did. It might not be much to other people, but I’m not accustomed to the kind of service we received that night. Not only was the food to die for, but we also had our own personal waiter, they called us by our names, pulled out our chairs, we never had to pour our own drinks, and they even called the next day to make sure we enjoyed our experience. Beyond enjoying the night, the best part of it was how cute my boyfriend was; I loved seeing how seemingly proud of himself he was (as he should be), and how pleased he was to make me happy. I felt like a total princess, and I feel so lucky to have someone in my life who treats me like I deserve that. It makes me want to continue to surprise and do nice things for him as well. All my life, I’ve waited for someone like this, and I am thanking my lucky stars I have found that.
4. Reunion. Don’t get me wrong, I am enjoying all of the alone time I’ve had with my boyfriend lately, but I also honestly miss his friends and hanging out as a group. It had been a long time, and even though my mind was preoccupied with something unrelated Saturday night (I’m often too much in my head — eek), I was so happy to finally see some of them again. They warm my heart, and I look forward to getting to know them better and spending more time with them in the future.
5. Lemonade. I know the world is obsessed with Beyoncé and her visual album, Lemonade, and it may seem that I’m only jumping on the bandwagon, but honestly, I am enamored by this creation (I’ve watched it three times already — I’m a little obsessed myself). It combines so many art forms, and it’s beautiful beyond belief because it is raw, honest, and packed with talent on all ends. It has inspired me to write, and when I read or see something that ignites that passion in me again, I know it’s something good. If you haven’t yet seen it because you are afraid it’s just hype, or for whatever reason, STOP. Run. Go download it now.
6. Sunday Alone. Sunday morning, my boyfriend left super early for Canada for a week (tear), but I enjoyed sleeping in and spending a day all by myself, which is something I haven’t done in a long time. I finally had some time to cruise around in my new car, stock up on groceries again, and catch up on some mindless television. Sometimes, it’s the little things!
7. Pamper Me. I have to do something today that I’m not looking forward to (gulp, yep, being discreet — sorry), but I distracted myself on Sunday to relieve some stress over it by giving myself a pamper night. I whitened my teeth and gave myself a much needed facial and manicure. It felt really good, was a nice change of pace for me, and did just the trick!
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!