Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Eavesdropping. Middle school teachers don’t often hear what I overheard in the hallway, so when I heard it, I had to pass it on to my team; “I know, we are so lucky to have all great teachers.” Then, they proceeded to name all the teachers on my team. It was the sweetest, cutest conversation and I couldn’t help but to listen in and smile. We feel pretty lucky, too.
2. Take 2. Sunday night, my boyfriend and I watched our first pick of Redbox finds, and Monday night, we didn’t want to miss out on the second choice before returning them so we had a take-two night. After indulging in a big meal downtown, we decided to continue the indulgence with a slice of cheesecake at another restaurant. And of course, you can’t have cheesecake with out an espresso — to help stay up for the movie, to boot, so we went to yet another place. And espresso all for naught. Who falls asleep after ordering a double espresso?!? This girl.
3. Gals’ Night. The roommie and I continued our streak of Thursday girls’ night this past week. Per the usual, we laughed at our huge reactions to the craziness on TV, shared a bottle of wine… and cheese and crackers… and strawberries and whip cream… What? We deserved it!
4. Surprise! I know people who hate surprises… and I think they are crazy. I think the reason why I love them so much is because it means someone has taken the time to plan something to make another person happy, and I love surprising people just as much as I love being surprised. So when I had the chance to surprise my boyfriend with something Friday night, I jumped at the chance to plan a night of fun without him knowing. Early in the day, I texted him instructions for the night, and made sure our driver for the night didn’t say a word. We went to a fun music festival with a musician he likes, but first, I took him to a pizza place he’s been wanting to try that was on the way there. We had a blast listening to music together under the stars and dancing like idiots for a bit per our usual.
5. Walking off Tex-Mex. Saturday, my coworkers and I got together for an early dinner and then walked it off at our local Relay for Life. As always, the event is inspiring, as we listened to survivor stories and raised money for cancer research. Not only was it fun to spend time with good people, but it was nice to be surrounded by other people who care about fighting back against a disease that have touched way too many people.
6. Rainy Sunday. I love it when it rains — well, only at night when I’m sleeping and on lazy Sundays at home. 🙂
7. Sunday Evening. And rainy Sunday evenings are perfect for movies and snuggling with boyfrans. Okay, boyfran, singular. It just sounded more parallel in its plural form… A little coffee with Baileys helps, too.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!