Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Girl Talk. Although we live under the same roof, my roommate and I hardly get to spend time together during the week, as she is a coach for nearly every sport on God’s green earth. However, this past week, I was happy to get some real girl time a couple of nights for some much-needed vent sessions. I adore my job, but sometimes it’s nice to unabashedly air out the trials of the week with someone who understands, can laugh at it with you, and is also close enough to disclose that kind of honesty while trusting it won’t escape these apartment walls. What happens in the bachelorette pad, stays in the bachelorette pad.
2. Deadpool. My bf and I dorked it out and saw Deadpool on Tuesday. We laughed our butts off at the sarcastic, crass superhero movie, and it was a good way to break up a tough week with humor and good company.
3. Student Presidential Debate. The students at my school knocked my socks off at their 7th-grade Presidential debate this past Wednesday. I couldn’t believe how sharp, witty, and intelligent they were — well, not too hard to believe, but I was utterly impressed. Their TX history teachers have been relating the curriculum to a big year-long project. The students are slowly but surely concluding that their history teachers have been mirroring the Texas Revolution as well as tying in the recent Presidential debate discreetly enough to allow students to cleverly figure it out themselves. Not only was I impressed by the students during their Presidential debate, but I was also impressed by the creativity and ingenuity of the history department — so proud to work with such great teachers!
4. Dining In. My bf invited me over for dinner Thursday night. He poured a glass of Italian wine and set out cheese and crackers for me to indulge in while he played a Frank Sinatra record, prepared a salad, and cooked spaghetti. He sure knows the way to a woman’s heart. There is not much out there that’s sexier than a man in the kitchen… I mean… eeeer. I feel pretty darn lucky.
5. Friday Celebrations. My students wrapped up their oral book reports on Friday, again, wowing me with their talents. I always love this project because those students who are typically more withdrawn during class finally get a moment to shine, and it never ceases to blow me away. I loved being able to celebrate students who pleasantly surprised me with their hidden smarts and talents. After school, the teachers and I continued the celebration… you know, celebrating the weekend, and what not. 😉
6. Romance x 1. My bf and girlfriends were all busy Saturday, and to be honest, I’ve been a bit spoiled for a good while having constant company between having a roommate and a boyfriend. I once relished my alone time, but on the weekends, it’s not quite as enjoyable. However, I decided instead of sulking, I was going to wine and dine the sh*t out of myself. I took myself out to dinner, then watched the new Cohen brother movie, Hail, Caesar, and sat a bar to watch a Queen cover band. I surprised myself with how much fun I had all by my lonesome. I’m not the worst company I’ve ever had. Ha!
7. Romance x 2. Sunday is quickly becoming my favorite day of the week, as it’s been following a pattern as Sunday Funday with my bf. It was nice to enjoy each other’s company so much. We started out at breakfast, ordering three meals for two (not kidding) and nearly laughed off at least one (thank GOD). After breakfast, we took a Lyft to another part of town to indulge in his favorite coffee and then walked to my favorite record store where we picked up a couple of new gems. Later that night, we met a couple of his sweet friends out at a burger bar and enjoyed catching up. I say this often, but I’ll say it again and again– Not only does he make me happy all on his own merit, but his friends are all such pleasant people, and every time I get to spend time with him and the people he cares about, I feel that much luckier to be a part of his life.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!