Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Cleaning Frenzy. Sometimes I get into these almost manic cleaning frenzies. It started in my classroom while my students were working quietly on a test, and then it bled into lunchtime, where I cleaned out the entire fridge. My coworkers were laughing at me (while secretly liking it, I’m sure) as I filled two tall trash cans to the brim with expired leftovers and condiments. I’ll tell you — there’s not much more that’s more therapeutic than a good cleaning sesh.
2. Paying it Forward. This past summer, my roommate invited me to join her at a youth camp to see what it was like for them but also to enjoy it as an adult. I had never been to a camp before in my life, so I had so much fun acting like a total kid for a week. When asked to pay it forward and invite others to a banquet to see what the camp is all about, I was happy to invite my bf and a couple of close friends of mine. The student testimonies were so sweet and inspiring.
3. Radio. After the banquet, I took my bf and friend out to one of my favorite bars close to home and thanked them for coming out with a drink. We had a great time, and I enjoyed bringing two people I care about together to meet for the first time.
4. HH. I’m redundant, but yet another much-needed HH was had with some of my favorite coworkers after… you guessed it, another long week.
5. Pamper Me. After a long time of saving money and getting jealous over girls’ finely groomed fingers and toes, I decided to treat myself again and get myself a mani and pedi. It felt so good to splurge a bit and to be pampered.
6. Pair it w/ Claret. A girlfriend and I went to a winery on Saturday to enjoy their annual chili cook off. I couldn’t believe how many people were there, and the good bands that played to boot. We had a blast, drinking good wine, sampling the chili, and listening to the music. Afterwards, we stopped to get a bite to eat and caught up — making each other belly laugh per usual.
7. Sunday Fun Day. This post is late, super short, and perhaps a bit (seemingly) trite in comparison to my norm, but to be honest, I’m super tired after my Sunday Fun Day and a busy Monday back to work. My bf was out-of-town until Sunday, and I have to say, I hadn’t been that excited to run into someone’s arms in a long time. We spent the day together, starting with a tasty brunch. Happy, warm, and home are the words that seem the most comparable.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!