Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Grammys and Champagne. My roommate and I had Monday off because of President’s Day, and what better way to celebrate the day off than with music and champagne? Admittedly, I often stick my nose up to popular music, but I have to say, there are some popular talented acts these days and several of them were represented at the Grammy’s this year. Adele is always a favorite of mine, but one of my favorite performances of the night was from Chris Stapleton, Gary Clark Junior, and Bonnie Raitt for their BB King tribute. The Alabama Shakes were pretty stellar, too.
2. Lucy’s. This year, I am a part of my school’s social committee, and it was my turn to organize an event. We had the biggest turn-out to date at a local restaurant on the lake this Wednesday. It was nice to hang out with a different crowd than my norm from work and enjoy the gorgeous view. February in Texas has not disappointed.
3. Moulin Rouge Sing-Along. My roommate is a big fan of the movie, Moulin Rouge, and she has been eager to go to the Alamo’s (local specialty movie theatre) sing-a-long. She “dragged” me along, and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I couldn’t believe how full-out the theatre goes for this one night each week. Some of the big lines and all of the lyrics scrolled over the bottom of the screen, and everyone in the movie theatre belted out every single line — I had forgotten how good and NOT cheesy this movie is. While, yes, purposefully over-the-top, it’s funny and poignant. Each audience member had props for certain moments, and at one point, fake snow fell down on us. It was indulgent and just what I needed on the hump-day to get me through the rest of the work week.
4. Thursday TLC. Thursday, I was feeling the stress of the week, and that stress had produced one gigantic headache. My bf “nursed” me back to high spirits with coffee (often the only thing that helps my headaches), a pep talk, and lots of TLC. Thank GOD for him.
5. Schools to Watch Conference. I’m lucky enough to teach at a school that is officially recognized as a great school, so much so that other educators come to learn from us. Friday we hosted our first conference, and a large group of educators observed my classroom, among others, and I served on a question and answer panel. We got great feedback, and it felt really good to be a part of that — sharing our joy of teaching and what we do in our classrooms with other people who care just as much.
6. FHH. Friday happy hours are quite the reg, but our group this time was a different mix of people, so it was nice to change things up a bit and still enjoy a beverage or three on a patio after a long week.
7. Weekend. Saturday bled into Sunday Funday with my bf and his friends. It’s nice to spend that much time with people and not get sick of them. Ha! I feel so lucky to have “adopted” such a great group of friends, at least for the time being, of course.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!