Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Grease Live. I forgot to mention this in my last 7 for seven, so I’m mentioning it now. I don’t like the idea of remakes — of mostly anything, but even more so, of musicals. However, this production last Sunday was unbelievably well done, so much so that my roommate and I were cheering. I was quite literally clapping to a television. It was a glorious moment in my dorkdom. Someone on Twitter said, “I hope your Super Bowl babies don’t beat up my Grease Live twins,” and it totally made sense. Totally.
2. Dining-In. Monday was a long day AND I was craving Chinese take-out, so I nearly wept happy tears when my mind-reader of a bearded genius man invited me to dine-in with a tall glass of, “forget about this day.”
3. Cheering for Cheer. My dear friend from work couldn’t make it to the last basketball home game of the season at my school, so she asked me to fill in for her as the cheer coach that night. It totally took me back to my middle school cheer days — only these girls were much better than I ever was. I kept getting compliments on how great they were, and unfortunately, I had to be a big girl and not claim the talents of my sweet friend. I’m such a grown up.
4. Family Dinner. So I did the scary thing and brought my new beau to meet my judgmental (love you!) twin sister, her husband, as well as a cousin and his wife who live in town. I was not at all scared to introduce him — he’s as charming as they get, but more so because at the age of 34, I’ve brought around my fair share of new beaus. It probably gets a little confusing. I’m just such a stud……….. that was a lot of ellipses.
It went well. We had a grand time.
5. Two-Steppin’. After dinner with my family, I took my bae (I love/hate this word and wanted to use it at least once) to meet a friend at a bar who was checking out a steel guitar he built for the band that was playing that night. As expected, we two-stepped the night away… we are getting just a little predictable. 😉
6. Guys’ Night. Saturday night, I don’t know how this turned out, but I ended up being the only female among a very testosterony group of guys. It was quite terrifying and fun all at the same time. I watched a group of guy friends get fired up during a game of darts, tell twenty-minute, drunken night stories, challenge each other to handstand pushups… then one-armed-pushups, kick an arcade game, take shots, and talk shit about each other the way brothers do… All testosterone aside, I enjoyed their antics and inappropriate comments, as they were oddly entertaining and surprisingly endearing.
7. Super Bowl Sunday. Can I just?… One word?… BEYONCE. Oh, and Lady Gaga slayed, too. And yes, I did watch the football game in between the commercials.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!