Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Winter Party. I love my coworkers, so much so that I consider many of them to be family, but our staff holiday parties in the past have been, for lack of a better word — lame. Sorry, not sorry. Ha! This time around, however, our PTO decided to wait until after the hustle and bustle of the holidays and held a late staff party this past week. Not only was the timing better but so was the venue. Instead of sitting around a stuffy dinner event venue, they reserved the entire upstairs of a new High 5 (bar + bowling + games). Instead of a small crowd, nearly everyone from work was there and it seemed like everyone was having a great time.
2. Tables Reversed. Last week, I talked about how the guy I’m dating showed up for me when I was having a terrible day, and I was able to do the same for him this week after the staff party — Well, here’s to hoping, anyway!
3. Friday Fun. Friday night, a few friends and the guy I’m dating went out to dinner downtown. He rearranged his plans to meet my friends, so that spoke volumes and made what felt like an extra long week all worth while.
4. Reminiscing. After dinner, he took me to the two bars we went to on our first date, and even though we haven’t been dating more than three months, we reminisced about it like two dweebs — happy dweebs, nonetheless.
5. Saturday Stroll. My twin sis was out of town this weekend and asked me to dog sit for her, which of course, I jumped at the chance because I love my lil’ Beagle nephew. Ha! My guy and I took him for a walk and had brunch outside at a nearby restaurant and grubbed on some super comfort food. The weather was divine, and of course so was the company.
6. Patio Dinner. Later that night, we met up again and had a late patio dinner with his friends, some of which I had not yet met. Each time I meet someone new in the group, I realize more and more how great this guy is — as his friends are a reflection of his character, too. The food was delicious, and I just am so grateful to feel welcomed by such a stellar crew. It’s not easy for people who have known each other for as long as they all have to welcome someone new to the group, but they’ve done so seemingly so gracefully (at least in front of my face)! 😉
7. Sunday Funday. I spent Sunday partly with just me and the Beagle, sunbathing (yep, 80 degree weather in the winter! — oh, how I love thee, Austin, TX!) and walking to a local dive for some greasy breakfast tacos. Later Sunday, my roommie and I soaked up the last of the sun for a while by grubbing on some local Tex-Mex.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!