Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. It’s Love. My job, silly. I had a moment at work this week where I sat back and realized, “Hey, I’m good at this. I love this. I’m exactly where I need to be.” And that’s always a good feeling. Yes, I do realize that might sound a bit cocky, but when you have job as big as molding minds (yep, making it worse) where it’s easy to go home feeling defeated, you embrace these moments. Plus, I got to enjoy a three-day weekend — which is why I’m just NOW writing this post. Ha! I enjoyed it a little too much. Oops.
2. It’s Official. I received confirmation for my Europe trip this summer! It’s done. Nailed down. And I’m stoked. In June, I’ll be traveling to London, Paris, and various cities in Switzerland and Germany. I’d better start practicing my fake accents.
3. Patios in Winter. One of the many bonuses of living in Texas is that the winters are short. As soon as I wish for boots and scarf weather, I’m almost immediately praying the cold away. Friday after work, my friends and I enjoyed some much-needed sun and sips at a patio-friendly bar.
4. Rock & Bowl. In a couple of weeks, my work is holding a late holiday party at a bowling alley, so I thought I’d brush up on my bowling skills… or lack there-of. I asked the guy I’m dating to go with me along with two friends from work, and we had a blast… laughing at how terrible I was. Typically, I’m competitive and a really bad sport, but I decided not to go that route this time around and went for style points instead. I think I might have won. Ha! Dancing down the lane and shaking my tail-feathers seemed more my forte.
5. Brunch. The only way to recover after a night of spontaneous partying is to continue the party. Bloody Marys (seriously, how does one pluralize that?) and coffee revived my life-force.
6. Two-Steppin’. The guy I’m dating invited me out Saturday night, where we two-stepped the night away, and then later in the night boogied down to some Al Green. Boogied. down. I love that most of the time when we are together we are dancing. I’m a dork, and you bet I had a legit conversation with him about how happy I am that he is a fun guy. When life can be stressful, it’s nice to have a partner who you know will make you feel light and good.
7. Champs. After getting some fun news this weekend, I decided that on a three-day weekend, I needed to take advantage and celebrate with a bottle of champagne. My roommate and I went to dinner at La Condesa and then met up with the guy I’m dating and a friend of hers to pop a bottle. It felt good to be celebrated and share with people who make me happy. Happiness is NOT overrated.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!