Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Back to Work. It would be a lie to say I wasn’t dreading the return to reality this past week and going back to work after a long winter vacation. However, I’m always surprised at how happy I am to once again interact with my amazing coworkers and see my students’ sweet faces again.
2. 21DFX. Just in time, I started another challenge group this week with my Beachbody crew. After indulging a little too much over the holidays, it feels that much better to return to a healthy body. Each time I face the same challenges in getting back in the swing of things, but it’s a great reminder to never lose myself and my quest for living a happier, healthier life by getting too far away from the long-term goal of having my best body yet.
3. Just Another Casual Thursday. One of my best friends in Austin and I got together Thursday night for what she deemed, tongue in cheek, as just another casual Thursday. With wine flights and a gorgeous pizza on the table, we caught up with each other’s lives and had a great time.
4. Friday Return. In my last post, I talked about how good it felt that someone made real time for me before going out of town, and again it felt great once again to get real time as soon as he returned.
5. Dinner Party. The guy I’m dating invited me to his friends’ football watching and dinner party on Saturday. I’m not the world’s biggest football fan, in fact, I may not even be able to call myself a fan at all, but it’s a social thing, and I’m never unhappy watching it with fun human beings. One of the perks of dating a great guy, is that most of the time they have other great people surrounding them, and this one is no exception. He has a solid group of friends, and I had a great time hanging out with the women while the men watched the game. I truly enjoyed talking to them and helping them prepare an Italian dinner and desserts.
6. Hair. I’m the world’s most indecisive at choosing a hairstyle and sticking with it. My locks have been a light golden brown/blonde for a long time — probably the longest I’ve kept a hairstyle in a long time because my hair stylist nailed the beautiful color. I decided to back to my roots for the winter, and almost immediately missed that golden color she worked so hard to create (she’s an artist!). Luckily, she knows me better than I often know myself and kept the darkness minimal and almost the opposite of permanent because she knew I’d want to go back sooner than later. Little did she expect, it was my next visit to the salon. Ha! Oops. Oh well, I love it. I also got a surprise visit from my twin sister while I was at the salon, which completely made my day.
7. Movie Night. My roommate and I saw the movie Sisters Sunday evening. Not only was it good to spend time with the roommie (you’d be surprised at how NOT often we see each other), we laughed a good laugh as well.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!