Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Sunday Sicky. I’m posting this 7 for seven much later today than I normally do, as I got sick Sunday and took off from work today. I’ve been in bed for the most part with aches all over my body, but I’m finally feeling at least semi-normal enough to write this post. Why am I writing about being sick on a post that focuses on the positive, you might ask? Well, partly to explain why I’m so late. Whoops! And partly to say it’s pretty revealing of who cares about me on days like this. My friends, family, and even people I barely know checked in on me today to see if I was okay. It’s heart-warming to know I have those people in my life.
2. Opening Closed Doors. I’m not sure why, but it seems like when I’ve planned for either result A or result B happening, inevitably it’s result C that occurs — an outcome I couldn’t have even predicted or prepared for. I’ve come to one solid conclusion, however, and that is — I can’t predict what will happen. The best I can do is live in the moment, take each new moment as new information on how to best mold my future actions and just to trust that if I do that, things will unfold as they are meant to unfold. I don’t know what the future holds, but for now, I am so grateful for unpredictable, though near-perfect moments, result C, and opening closed doors.
3. Mrs. Glass. Thursday night, I bonded once again with a new friend over our love of whiskey and jazz/blues music. He introduced me to a local Austin band, Mrs. Glass, and they had such a unique sound, and one that I truly enjoyed. Cheers to kindred spirits (both in the glass and outside of the glass).
4. Career Day. Career Day at my school is one of my favorite days, and not just because I get to sit back and watch someone else entertain my students. Ha! I love watching how kind my students are to the guests at our school, how the students represent us well, and how the guests passionately discuss their jobs while aiming to inspire our kiddos. It’s all truly endearing.
5. Friday Part Un. Friday afternoon, I spent my usual happiest of hours with one of my pals. Then I got to enjoy some time with an old friend and his aunt at another bar & grill nearby. Some people just quickly feel familiar and feel like home, and there is no explanation for it, but all I can do is be honest. I was happy to have spent even a hot minute with these two good humans.
6. Friday Part Deux. A typical Friday night after a long work week predictably ends in me crashing and burning. In my attempt to not be the lamest single woman in Austin, I pumped myself full of a second-wind to make it out to meet my new whiskey buddy. Interestingly enough, on a night I thought I would crash and burn, I ended up staying up later than I had stayed up in… a really long time. We couldn’t stop talking about music, and playing each other music — it felt like when I was in high school again, when I would stay up all night talking to someone on the phone. I miss those days, and it felt like that once again.
7. Uncertainty. There’s a lot of uncertainty in my life right now. What often feels like certainty one day feels like uncertainty the next, but I’m choosing to focus on the excitement of how open my future is (anything can happen — and my refusal to not settle in any aspect of it gives me so much hope for it) instead of allowing it to feel stifling — because it doesn’t have to be unless I make it that way. I choose to make the most of my days. Each and every day.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!