Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Late Monday Post. I’m currently wearing sweatpants and laying across my couch. It is nearly 10 AM. The perks of being a teacher — guaranteed holidays. I’m off the entire week for Thanksgiving break, which allowed me to sleep in and type this edition of 7 for seven well-rested and stress-free… except for those essays I have to grade…
2. Alone Time. Don’t get me wrong, I love my roommate. If you are reading this, roommate, I love you! BUT, I also cherish my alone time. This past weekend, I relished in no-pants Saturday and eating a slice of pie for a late dinner. She leaves again today, and I have a whole two days in this apartment by my lonesome (it only sounds like a sad word) before I’m off to see family and friends in Dallas and then off to Oklahoma for our family Thanksgiving. There’s plenty more pie in the fridge.
3. Sex & The City. Every once in a while, that DVD set comes in reaaaaal handy. Nothing says, “let’s start anew” like a good ol’ fashioned Sex and the City marathon. Oh, Sarah Jessica Parker, how I love thee.
4. Workin’ It Out. In my new health and fitness challenge group, I’ve taken to a sweaty selfie a day for true accountability’s sake. I may not meet my goal of being “ripped” by the end of the year, but I haven’t given up just yet.
5. Pie Day! How else do you think I got that pie?? (I know, not helping my case for becoming “ripped”). It’s one of my favorite days of the year (I’m not even lying — I realize, I’d be so much cooler if I was though). The Parent Teacher Organization at my school brings over a hundred pies to the school every Thursday before we are let out for Thanksgiving break, and we each get to take home our very own. It’s delightful.
6. Day of Service. I can’t rave about this day enough. If you follow me on any form of social media, chances are, I have annoyed you with my pictures and sugar-coated words about my students and coworkers. So, I won’t do it anymore… just read the captions on the above pictures. 😉
7. Friday Night. Most Friday nights are the same, but it never fails to start the weekend out right. I spent the happiest of hours with some of my favorite coworkers looking over the lake with our favorite beverages. Later that night, a coworker pal and I went to another favorite local spot and hung out on the patio where we ran into quite a few of our students. Each time, they would stop and say hi, and it was surprisingly nice to be greeted so pleasantly and excitedly every time — made us feel loved!
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!