Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Coupling. They may be in young-love that won’t last, but they know how to do it. Monday morning, a boy student brought his girlfriend flowers and balloons to ask her out to homecoming. When I was on morning duty, a crowd was forming around this boy who wasn’t afraid of a lil’ vulnerability at his young/awkward age. He had the whole school around him, and his confidence was still soaring. It permeated the hallways. Students peaked their head around the corner, waiting for his girlfriend to show up with their cameras prepped and ready. Precious, I tell you! Later in the week, another boy took a cue, and did the same to ask a girl out. I called it that they would say ‘yes’ but then immediately walk away, soaking in the warm attention and blushing embarrassment all at the same time. Ah, middle school.
2. Love me if you dare. I love it when someone suggests a movie that I’ve never even heard of, and then I adore it. Watch it, if you dare. You can rent it on Amazon. I’m a sucker for a good quirky romantic movie.
3. Twin Brag. My sister’s dress project was over-funded. Wahoo! See it and like it here. I am so proud of her (as always), and I can’t wait to see her wow Austin with her talents.
5. Poetry. After my sister broke out old family photographs to promote her dress line, I’ve been inspired to take another look at some of my own. I’ve always been fascinated by them, but recently I’ve been interested in writing poetry inspired by the photographs of my past and tying them into who I am today.
6. Co-Ed Baby Shower. I have to admit, I am not a fan of baby showers, or any showers for that matter. There is something about the silly games and oohing and awing over gifts that make me cringe. Ouch, I know, that may be harsh, but it’s just the truth. However, my friend had a co-ed shower Saturday night with drinks and good food, and the good company didn’t hurt either. I survived. I also may have oohed once.
7. Sunday Games. I have a huge affinity for the movie, Wet Hot American Summer. My roommate and I decided to start watching the new Netflix series, but before that, she had to watch the original movie. We decided after our long week, we deserved a little champagne for making it through it alive — so we looked up drinking games for the movie (which, yes, they were readily available) to enjoy our champs. Good times.
8. (Cause why not one to grow on again?) Soul. I have jammed so much to soul and blues this week, that I feel renewed. I’ve embraced the fact that I was born with so much soul, and I’ve realized that I need people in my life that match my affinity for unabashedly emoting.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!