Let’s face it // Mondays stink. Or at least we typically expect them to stink. That is why, every Monday, I post seven positives from the previous seven days of the week as a reminder of what I have so that the week starts out on an upswing. There is much truth in the belief that happy people attract good things, so it is important to start the week out right. Sometimes it’s the more grand, but other times, it’s the simple things.
1. Monday Meeting. Meeting new people is never a chore, as I’ve always found that we have so much to learn from one another, and the more connections we can make with people, the better. When I look to create new experiences, I care about exploring new territory, but I care about exploring new territory with people. Meetings are always better when you can find those things with which you can connect, and it never ceases to get boring. Monday was no exception.
2. Grading Grind. Grades were due this past Friday, and with essays and projects coming in last week, I was a bit overwhelmed to say the least. Unexpected company breaks up the monotony, and was welcomed this week, and I am so thankful for spontaneity keeping me sane through the overload.
3. Steve Jobs. I love a good character study flick, and this one did not disappoint. As a writer, I’m often turned off by dialogue that reads too much like deus ex machina, and there was a bit of that set-up in this movie, but it was so well done that I didn’t care. Michael Fassbender is perfect as Steve Jobs, who like him or not, is portrayed as a multi-dimensional human, just as we should approach a world with grey areas.
4. Freaky Friday. There was a change in plans on my Friday night, but being a rainy night, I welcomed it. I was happy to help out a friend of mine and watch her adorable daughter who provided me with much-needed guttural laughs and french-fry time.
5. Rainy Saturday. A perfect rainy day, in my eyes, includes spending it with good company, vegging out, and sharing a big blanket and a movie. Check, check, check. Spending time outdoors is ideal, but when life hands you raindrops, stay inside.
6. Boo-Fest. A friend of mine held a low-key Halloween party Saturday night, complete with delicious food and plenty of beverages. I pretty much ate my way through the night, but I can’t say I didn’t enjoy it. WHOOPS.
7. Sunday Flex. Thankfully, after a night of bingeing, my roommate’s personal trainer-sig-o welcomed a day of free-personal training. My roommate and I took a spin class, and then he took us through a brutal ab-series that woke my abs up out of their sugar-induced coma from the previous night. Lesson learned.
I hope to inspire you to reflect on all you have to be grateful & that your week brings you even more positivity + balance + bliss! Feel free to share your seven with me as well / or even just a couple!
Have a wonderful week!