Just as I aimed to ease the Monday blues with my 7 for seven, I aim once again. Though this time, I need a good laugh — at my expense, because if I don’t do that every once in a while, I risk taking myself too seriously.
Upon announcing to my roommate one morning before work, “I had to talk myself into washing my hair this morning in the shower to avoid it looking greasy, but now I can’t talk myself into drying it, so now it just looks greasy anyway!”, her dead-pan response to me was, “The struggle is real.” That seems to be her go-to response to me quite often, and it’s since become my inner-mantra whenever I need to just stop, step outside of myself, and laugh at myself and my “problems.”
Last week’s “struggles”:
10. “Sometimes when I have to talk in front of other adults, I have an out-of-body-experience and have no clue what I’m saying.”
9. “I would say I needed one more day, but don’t we always need just one more day?”
8. “Someone hit the back of my car while I was parked and left their DNA on it in the form of blonde hair. Good thing I have never sleep-walked, or I would be worried.”
7. “I tested out my phone alarm this morning to see how many times I could hit the snooze button before it turned off the alarm. The answer is infinite. Infinite times.”
6. “I feel like such a dork, but is it Christmas?” – at teacher convocation (back-to-school pep rally for teachers)
5. “I’ve had more ding-dong moments in the past couple of weeks than I’d like to admit.”
4. “I have to attend three meetings at the same time. I don’t feel busy at all.”
3. “Ugh, my nails.”
2. “Ugh, he has a way of getting me to admit things that no person should ever admit.”
1. “I ‘ugh’ too much, don’t I?”
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week. Share your laughs with me!