Just as I aimed to ease the Monday blues with my 7 for seven, I aim once again. Though this time, I need a good laugh — at my expense, because if I don’t do that every once in a while, I risk taking myself too seriously.
Upon announcing to my roommate one morning before work, “I had to talk myself into washing my hair this morning in the shower to avoid it looking greasy, but now I can’t talk myself into drying it, so now it just looks greasy anyway!”, her dead-pan response to me was, “The struggle is real.” That seems to be her go-to response to me quite often, and it’s since become my inner-mantra whenever I need to just stop, step outside of myself, and laugh at myself and my “problems.”
Last week’s “struggles”:
10. “This is only my first Monday back to work, and I’m already in the ‘ugh, Monday mode.'”
9. “I can’t wait until this burger challenge ends. My body is a red meat factory.”
8. “Ugh, I have a burger belly.”
7. “I’ve got the meat sweats this week, so my workouts have been a little more… wet.”
6. “I bought two boxes of file folders for work and left them at the store. Those things are heavy. How does that happen? It’s causing me anxiety.”
5. “I’m tired. From reality.”
4. “Apparently, today is my first time driving.”
3. “Ugh, my nails.”
2. “I have an unhealthy infatuation with office supplies.”
1. “I’m a fan of monotonous tasks when I’m avoiding what should be priority.”
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week. Share your laughs with me!