Just as I aimed to ease the Monday blues with my 7 for seven, I aim once again. Though this time, I need a good laugh — at my expense, because if I don’t do that every once in a while, I risk taking myself too seriously.
Upon announcing to my roommate one morning before work, “I had to talk myself into washing my hair this morning in the shower to avoid it looking greasy, but now I can’t talk myself into drying it, so now it just looks greasy anyway!”, her dead-pan response to me was, “The struggle is real.” That seems to be her go-to response to me quite often, and it’s since become my inner-mantra whenever I need to just stop, step outside of myself, and laugh at myself and my “problems.”
Last week’s “struggles”:
10. “I want to do something that scares me …which isn’t hard because everything scares me.”
9. “My face is numb. I might be drooling, but I wouldn’t know.”
8. “My experience with vulnerability lately has been when I finally allow myself to be vulnerable with someone, the other person withdraws. Vulnerability is confusing.”
7. “My shorts are too big this summer. When I sit, it looks as though I have a bowl in my lap.”
6. “If we had just gotten hotdogs instead, at least we’d have the proper utensils, and already that’s better than what we got.”
5. “But seriously, how do you do Tex-Mex wrong in West Texas?”
4. “What is that flying object in the field there? Ope, nope, it’s attached to the ground. It’s a pole. Just kidding. My eyes are fantastic.”
3. “Ugh, my nails.”
2. “‘One of these days’ is a phrase I’d like to stop using one of these days.”
1. “I guess I’ve realized I’m not as comfortable in my skin as I thought, but I’m a lot closer than I was before. My complexion is clear but sometimes it’s itchy for no other reason than I’m trying not to itch. My analogies are out of control.”
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week. Share your laughs with me!