Just as I aimed to ease the Monday blues with my 7 for seven, I aim once again. Though this time, I need a good laugh — at my expense, because if I don’t do that every once in a while, I risk taking myself too seriously.
Upon announcing to my roommate one morning before work, “I had to talk myself into washing my hair this morning in the shower to avoid it looking greasy, but now I can’t talk myself into drying it, so now it just looks greasy anyway!”, her dead-pan response to me was, “The struggle is real.” That seems to be her go-to response to me quite often, and it’s since become my inner-mantra whenever I need to just stop, step outside of myself, and laugh at myself and my “problems.”
Last week’s “struggles”:
10. “Tracker jackers apparently are a real thing.”
9. “I sweat a lot when I fear death.”
8. “The phrase ‘It’s just like riding a bike’ does not apply to me.”
7. “I started to panic. I almost shouted through the vents to ask you to come up and cut me out of my dress.”
6. “If you end a fall in jazz hands, all is well.”
5. “Gosh, you are bringing out more dessert? I guess I’ll have to take one for the team and take care of that. Ugh.”
4. “I just carried a food baby all the way up this mountain.”
3. “Ugh, my nails.”
2. “We have been so spoiled this week; I’m going to need to be serenaded with a dance party when my meals come out, and I’ll expect nothing less.”
1. “Failing is so much more fun than not failing at anything at all.
I have a lot of fun.”
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week. Share your laughs with me!