Just as I aimed to ease the Monday blues with my 7 for seven, I aim once again. Though this time, I need a good laugh — at my expense, because if I don’t do that every once in a while, I risk taking myself too seriously.
Upon announcing to my roommate one morning before work, “I had to talk myself into washing my hair this morning in the shower to avoid it looking greasy, but now I can’t talk myself into drying it, so now it just looks greasy anyway!”, her dead-pan response to me was, “The struggle is real.” That seems to be her go-to response to me quite often, and it’s since become my inner-mantra whenever I need to just stop, step outside of myself, and laugh at myself and my “problems.”
Last week’s “struggles”:
10. “Give me a routine and I want freedom. Give me freedom and what do I do? Create another routine.”
9. “I’ve never done yoga well because I’m always thinking about the million other things I should be doing when holding a pose, which is probably the very reason I should do yoga well.”
8. “I may have been sewn into my dress tonight, but I win at corn-hole.”
7. “I’m closing my eyes because I have that ugly feeling. I’m trying to make it namastay away.”
6. “What else are sisters good for than to patch up each other’s aging facial flaws?”
5. “You bet we ordered color-coordinated fans to match our dresses. We’re from Texas” (my sister)
4. “I need some greens tonight or someone is going to get hurt.” (my sister)
3. “Ugh, my nails.”
2. “My phone fits perfectly under my lumbar arch while laying out. Protects it from the sun and overheating. There are some things a sizable booty is good for. It’s called a ‘booty bonus.'”
1. “Dad gets the front seat; it’s Father’s Day. It’s called ‘daddy dibs.’ I dunno, for some reason I’m on this alliteration kick.”
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week. Share your laughs with me!