Just as I aimed to ease the Monday blues with my 7 for seven, I aim once again. Though this time, I need a good laugh — at my expense, because if I don’t do that every once in a while, I risk taking myself too seriously.
Upon announcing to my roommate one morning before work, “I had to talk myself into washing my hair this morning in the shower to avoid it looking greasy, but now I can’t talk myself into drying it, so now it just looks greasy anyway!”, her dead-pan response to me was, “The struggle is real.” That seems to be her go-to response to me quite often, and it’s since become my inner-mantra whenever I need to just stop, step outside of myself, and laugh at myself and my “problems.”
Last week’s “struggles”:
10. “I’ll be the one who makes the ziplining guides go back to the drawing board with the safety procedures. Where there isn’t a will, there is a way. Middle name, Murphy.”
9. “We are two peas in a pod; it’s nuts. And I just used two food related idioms in one breath. Time to eat.”
8. “I heard him say in the hallway, ‘It was literally the best class I’ve ever had. We’ll be talking about that one for a while.’ Second to last day of school, and now I win him over?” Btw, if you are reading this, kiddo who found my blog, I’ll take it. Now stop reading my blog. But first, #FistBumps.
7. “I’m doing these at-home workouts, and I’m just waiting till the day my neighbors call the cops on me for a domestic disturbance.”
6. “What am I doing? I completed two workouts in one day, so I’m just crawling to my bed. So far, I’ve made it past the dining room. I’m almost there.”
5. “I’m not going to cry, I’m just going to see if my tear ducts are still working. Testing, testing.”
4. “Just try not to miss me too much.”
3. “Ugh, my nails.”
2. “I saw my bare legs in the sun the other day and became worried. Transparent is not even a color.”
1. “What day is it? Oh, I’m sorry, it’s summer. That’s what day it is.” #TeacherProblems
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week. Share your laughs with me!