Just as I aimed to ease the Monday blues with my 7 for seven, I aim once again. Though this time, I need a good laugh — at my expense, because if I don’t do that every once in a while, I risk taking myself too seriously.
Upon announcing to my roommate one morning before work, “I had to talk myself into washing my hair this morning in the shower to avoid it looking greasy, but now I can’t talk myself into drying it, so now it just looks greasy anyway!”, her dead-pan response to me was, “The struggle is real.” That seems to be her go-to response to me quite often, and it’s since become my inner-mantra whenever I need to just stop, step outside of myself, and laugh at myself and my “problems.”
Last week’s “struggles”:
10. “I can’t believe for the first time, I went grocery shopping without my wallet, but I had my passport and my checkbook, so it all worked out. I have my priorities straight.”
9. “I completed Insanity this morning and 21 Day Fix just now, and my body is f*ing fatigued. I may be going to Hell for cussing, but someone is going to have to carry me.”
8. (pointing to tongue) “The red icing on your cookie makes you look healthy, like you have good circulation, and our blue cookie makes us look just the opposite.”
7. “The more margaritas I have, the more queso sounds like a good idea. We can do this meal backwards. It’s a holiday.”
6. “I’m turning thirty-four this summer, and I want to be able to say I’m in the best shape of my life, but queso.”
5. “Sleeping in is usually not my forte, but I’ve been killing it the past few days.”
4. “We called pest control to come over here with a can of hornet spray. Seriously? Totally could have done that ourselves.”
3. “Ugh, my nails.”
2. “She can’t ignore my text messages; I’ll Olivia Pope the sh*t out of her. Haha, yeah, I’ve discovered season 4 is now on Netflix”
1. “Life is so good right now, but I’m a Positive Polly with only a small cynic on the side, so I’m not sure if that’s entirely accurate. Yep, it is.”
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week. Share your laughs with me!