Just as I aimed to ease the Monday blues with my 7 for seven, I aim once again. Though this time, I need a good laugh — at my expense, because if I don’t do that every once in a while, I risk taking myself too seriously.
Upon announcing to my roommate one morning before work, “I had to talk myself into washing my hair this morning in the shower to avoid it looking greasy, but now I can’t talk myself into drying it, so now it just looks greasy anyway!”, her dead-pan response to me was, “The struggle is real.” That seems to be her go-to response to me quite often, and it’s since become my inner-mantra whenever I need to just stop, step outside of myself, and laugh at myself and my “problems.”
Last week’s “struggles”:
10. “I’d go tubing with you in our parking lot if it weren’t for the lightning.”
9. “Oh sh!t. That was a lightening bolt to our ceiling fan, and now it smells like burnt popcorn. Grab your passport. Pack a pair of your best panties.”
8. “Well, there’s no fire, but there’s a leak in your water heater.” – fireman #WeNeedAMan
7. “Both of our firemen were ugly and married. What are the odds? Can we get a 911 redial?” – the roommate
6. “We got a lightening bolt to our apartment and I got a flat tire the next day. I feel like the universe is trying to tell me something, like I need to feed the homeless, donate to a charity, or hug my mother more often.”
5. “You should ask them to do a dance-off to compete for your affections. Michael Jackson’s Thriller, perhaps, so that they have something to fall back on. I’m sorry, girl, you’ve got hot people problems.”
4. “I’ve got one more week of school, and I’m not certain I’m going to make it out alive.”
3. “Ugh, my nails.”
2. “I think that whiskey just cured my allergies.”
1. “I may need another round of whiskey. I just heard the loudest thunder EVER and my roommate, aka thunder buddy is out-of-town. Boo.”
Happy Monday! Stay dry, Texas. I hope you have a great week. Share your laughs with me!