Just as I aimed to ease the Monday blues with my 7 for seven, I aim once again. Though this time, I need a good laugh — at my expense, because if I don’t do that every once in a while, I risk taking myself too seriously.
Upon announcing to my roommate one morning before work, “I had to talk myself into washing my hair this morning in the shower to avoid it looking greasy, but now I can’t talk myself into drying it, so now it just looks greasy anyway!”, her dead-pan response to me was, “The struggle is real.” That seems to be her go-to response to me quite often, and it’s since become my inner-mantra whenever I need to just stop, step outside of myself, and laugh at myself and my “problems.”
Last week’s “struggles”:
10. “I’ve never sung like no one is listening because in my imagination, someone is always listening. They’re always listening.”
9. “Sometimes I feel like a dirty old man, and I might not be too far off as a thirty-something in my prime.”
8. “I did not intend to go on a liquid diet this weekend. We are bad influences on each other. Want to split a cupcake?”
7. “We are asking for limes, but we already have limes.” “But that’s the point. It’s funny.” – my roommate
6. “Here, filter this picture for me so it looks like I’m a good photographer.”
5. “I should not have bought that.”
4. “No, you should have bought that; you’ll need it in the future. Probably.”
3. “Ugh, my nails.”
2. “Oh, no, I’m totally okay with that. Well, maybe I only like same-side-bench-sitters when I’m included, otherwise, stop that. Yeah, they’re gross, but I’d do that. Oh, I’d totally do that. Ew.”
1. “I’m not going to lie, I had dance parties at the apartment while you were gone. By myself.”
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week. Share your laughs with me!