Just as I aimed to ease the Monday blues with my 7 for seven, I aim once again. Though this time, I need a good laugh — at my expense, because if I don’t do that every once in a while, I risk taking myself too seriously.
Upon announcing to my roommate one morning before work, “I had to talk myself into washing my hair this morning in the shower to avoid it looking greasy, but now I can’t talk myself into drying it, so now it just looks greasy anyway!”, her dead-pan response to me was, “The struggle is real.” That seems to be her go-to response to me quite often, and it’s since become my inner-mantra whenever I need to just stop, step outside of myself, and laugh at myself and my “problems.”
Last week’s “struggles”:
10. “I’m going to eat this expired lasagna in the fridge because fresh broccoli just sounds disgusting right now.”
9. “Are we the only two people at this shower right now not showing off a ring? We are. Cool.”
8. “That stranger just looked at me while on the phone telling his friend to join him and that he is looking at this guy’s future ex-wife. Can I take that as a compliment?”
7. “You know you are tired when you put on a workout DVD and watch it in the kitchen while making dinner. Whoops.”
6. Stealing this one from a coworker, “I’m taking a donut hole too because there is a hole in this donut and I need to fix that.”
5. “Why did I pick a pizza place for a date? Mozzarella is not cute on my chin.”
4. “It’s a Saturday evening, and I just watched a Disney monkey movie with your toddler. I’m a hot commodity.”
3. “Ugh, my nails.”
2. “The worst is when it just looks like it’s going to rain all day but then it never does. Just like my college days. Total tease resulting in no play. Kidding. Not about the no play though. That was real talk.”
1. “This band just sang, ‘Daddy is a badass’ and now they are singing, ‘I’m at home getting hammered while she’s getting nailed’ and all the little kids are dancing to this. Hahahaha.”
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week. Share your laughs with me!