Just as I aimed to ease the Monday blues with my 7 for seven, I aim once again. Though this time, I need a good laugh — at my expense, because if I don’t do that every once in a while, I risk taking myself too seriously.
Upon announcing to my roommate one morning before work, “I had to talk myself into washing my hair this morning in the shower to avoid it looking greasy, but now I can’t talk myself into drying it, so now it just looks greasy anyway!”, her dead-pan response to me was, “The struggle is real.” That seems to be her go-to response to me quite often, and it’s since become my inner-mantra whenever I need to just stop, step outside of myself, and laugh at myself and my “problems.”
Last week’s “struggles”:
9. “That guy just called me a ‘cracker.’ I’m offended and slightly hungry.”
8. “I just went to put a record in the DVD player. It’s Monday.”
7. “I feel like a magnet lately. Only, most of the time I’m like the kind of magnet you find stuffed in an everything drawer that attracts all the staples and tacks and all it wants to do is take itself back to home base, on the fridge, like it deserves. And that magnet deserves it, dammit.”
6. “Not a fan of the Violet Crown. It seems like a movie theatre for people who don’t do rich well.”
5. “Today hurt.”
4. “I can’t date a man whose eyebrows are more groomed than mine.”
3. “Ugh, my nails”
2. “Come on, see-through is not the new black.”
1. “They are so cute. Gross.”
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week. Share your laughs with me!