Just as I aimed to ease the Monday blues with my 7 for seven, I aim once again. Though this time, I need a good laugh — at my expense, because if I don’t do that every once in a while, I risk taking myself too seriously.
Upon announcing to my roommate one morning before work, “I had to talk myself into washing my hair this morning in the shower to avoid it looking greasy, but now I can’t talk myself into drying it, so now it just looks greasy anyway!”, her dead-pan response to me was, “The struggle is real.” That seems to be her go-to response to me quite often, and it’s since become my inner-mantra whenever I need to just stop, step outside of myself, and laugh at myself and my “problems.”
Last week’s “struggles”:
10. “That guy may get ahead one light after cutting me off, but I’ll get ahead in character building by digging deep and not shaking my finger at him.”
9. “I saw a trespassing sign after it was too late, then this dog started barking at me, and I imagined an enraged Clint Eastwood-esque character and a rifle, and I thought, ‘This is it. This is how I’m going to die.'”
8. “I don’t like big chunks of meat, unless it’s between something. Is that weird?”
7. “Did I wake you up last night after screaming and falling to the floor during the storm? …only once? Oh good.”
6. “Apparently there has been a man spotted jumping to the third floor balconies of our apartment complex. I guess he took the red pill?”
5. “I just drove all the way back to the place where they did my car inspection to get the sticker they ‘forgot’ to give me and apparently they don’t do new stickers anymore. I’m a ding-dong.”
4. “Honey, your favorite ‘color’ can be sparkles if you want it to be. As a child, mine was always sea-foam-green. My teachers had to ask me how to spell it. I told them to read a crayon.”
3. “Ugh, my nails.”
2. “How does a single rock inevitably and accidentally always find a way into my tight shoes? I could never achieve that kind of aim on purpose if I tried.”
1. “I don’t drunk dial. I on-line shop.”
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week. Share your laughs with me!