Just as I aimed to ease the Monday blues with my 7 for seven, I aim once again. Though this time, I need a good laugh — at my expense, because if I don’t do that every once in a while, I risk taking myself too seriously.
Upon announcing to my roommate one morning before work, “I had to talk myself into washing my hair this morning in the shower to avoid it looking greasy, but now I can’t talk myself into drying it, so now it just looks greasy anyway!”, her dead-pan response to me was, “The struggle is real.” That seems to be her go-to response to me quite often, and it’s since become my inner-mantra whenever I need to just stop, step outside of myself, and laugh at myself and my “problems.”
Last week’s “struggles”:
10. “I’m too full to eat another round of this buffet.”
9. “Look at how many full bottles of champagne are leftover. Pour me another one.”
8. “This shirt is really flattering; I just can’t lift my arms in it.”
7. “Last night, I slept with my laptop.”
6. “I almost fainted during the luminaria ceremony at Relay for Life, so I had to sit down when everyone walked their final lap, while everyone stared and pointed at me. I hate cancer, too!”
5. “That finch trying to eat our food reminds me of the time I took care of my best friend’s finches, and I came home from dance to find them both upside-down in their cage. That finch reminds me of dead finches.”
4. “These people are all carrying their bikes after their 75 mile race, and standing here waiting for them to finish is exhausting. The sun is so bright.”
3. “Ugh, my nails.”
2. “Shoooooot, I always forget that I can fast-foward through commercials!”
1. “I didn’t type my Monday post in the morning, and my two regular followers are going to think I’ve gotten a life.”
Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week. Share your laughs with me!